About the Department:
The department of Geography of North Bank College was established in 2017. This department offers higher secondary and degree courses (both Major and Non Major) as per the prescribed syllabus of AHSEC and Dibrugarh University, respectively. The department is actively involved in vital issues like natural and man-made environment, and different materials method research projects. The department has strength of three experienced faculty members. The department of geography published a wall magazine named Geiod and Galaxy annually wherein the student of the department expresses their literary creativity through poems, short stories, prose and painting. The department is mainly provided the academic activities of the teachers and students, helping to poor students, monitoring and motivating students and participating departmental seminars / webinars and guardian meet. The department plays an important role in different science/arts based activities and organizes various types of workshop, seminars, quiz competition and awareness campaign. Apart from such activities, students are also encouraged to take part in various programmers and activities of NSS, College week and Environmental clearing programmed.
1. To understand the importance of geography to the society and environment and to develop a natural attachment among students into a qualified professional.
2. To create and maintain programs of excellence in the areas of research, education and public outreach.
3. We faster and encourage the pursuit of new knowledge in new world.
4. To inculcate the importance of basic science/art and develop a natural flair which in turn shall mould the student into a competent professional.
1. The department of geography strives for excellence in all aspects of teaching and researches, to produce graduates of high quality required in academic/ research organizations and serve the society at national and international standards.
2. The department of geography introduces innovative teaching methodologies and evaluation strategies for the benefit of the students.
3. To provide strong fundamental in science and technology in the under graduate level degree programme and to develop research activities is geography point.
Academic and Extention Activities:
|Nature of Activity
|Title of Activity
|Educational Tour to National Park Kazirangz
|Educational Tour to Majuli
|Tour to Akashiganga
Publication of the Department:
|Nature of Publication
Alumni of the Department:
|Name of Student
Students Progression of Last Five Years:
|Name of Student