About the department:
The Department of History of North Bank College established in the year of 1961. Name of the programme is Bachelor Of Arts. Now there is semester system in the department and programme is choice based credit system(CBCS). In the year 2004, the Major comes started in the department.
1. The Department aims to make the students aware of the past and its legacies through teaching, research and extension activities in Indian history in the context of world history. We believe that only a critical understanding of the past will enable the students to understand the present and help them look towards the future.
2. The department seks to provides an enlightening environment in which students and teachers can discuss contemporary socio-economic issues.
3. Department is promoting participatory method of learning . The department organizes students seminars, quiz competitions, group discussionto train students.
1. Transform the students into citizens who are critically informed about the past and its consequences for the present .
2. The knowledge about the interconnections between the global, national, regional and local history will equip the students to face the challenges with confidance.
3. To making history as an inspiration to individual and communities to transform themselves and their society.
4. It aims at making it relevant in the competitive world of multidisciplinary study and research.
Academic and Extention Activities:
|Nature of Activity||Title of Activity||Year||View|
|Co-Curricular||Participated in College Week by the Departmental Students||2023||View File|
|Farewell||Farewell Programme||2022/23||View File|
|Co curricular||Visit to MJULI||2023||View File|
|Extention||Teachers Day||2022||View File|
|Academic||Published Departmental Wallmagazine||2022||View File|
|Extention||Farewell Programme||2019||View File|
Publication of the Department:
|Nature of Publication||Description||View|
|Wall Magazine||Budhidrom||View File|
Alumni of the Department:
|Passing Year||Name of Student||View|
|2022||REBOT BARUAH||View Profile|
|2022||PINKUMONI BARUAH||View Profile|
|2020||RANA GOGOI||View Profile|
Students Progression :